Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Please come in ...

To catalog the laundry list of things that have gone wrong requiring outside service people to be called would be mind numbingly boring so I won't go there. I will say, however, that since several of these service providers have made MULTIPLE visits - I've made a few friends. Awwww.

The Mongolian Pest Man (read Knight in Shining Armor) has come at least three times to the house to deal with all manner of varmints. Anyone who gets rid of varmints for a living is my hero by definition. The only thing I wonder about is how explains it all to the guys back in the yurt in Mongolia. They are mostly Tibetan Buddhists after all who generally aren't so excited about the intentional demise of any kind of critter. Hmmm.

The Appliance Repair Guy. At least four visits. An earlier repairman said my oven couldn't be fixed. Two days before the installation of the new oven this man came to check out my broken dishwasher. While he was at it he looked at the oven and said "I can fix that". Once again, my hero. I called to cancel that oven purchase pronto-like.

The Security Alarm Service LADY. Way to break the glass ceiling. She hung out in front of the house for a minute because she KNEW I would come out begging for help to reset the code after I told her I could do it.

The Verizon Cool Dude with the Iphone. A silent multitasker. Surely it really wasn't an Iphone but some other type of gadget that he could get FREE from his employer - you know - the PHONE company? One day the exclusivity contract will end and we can all get Iphones and change our lives.

The Invisible Fence Dog Zapper. I couldn't zap my own dog so I made him do it. We had a few installation issues (see here) so he has been here juuuuust a few times. He called my dog a wuss. She is a German Shepherd. Herumph.

The plumber is coming tomorrow.

I really really should be going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment