Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Brief year in review from a tired Mama

Is it possible that 2010 is coming to a close?  We began the year with Snowmageddon.  Being snowed in allowed us weeks of family time.  I liked it and then one day I said, "It's time.  Back to school kiddos!".  We started a renovation in May that is still not quite done (getting closer though!).  Kit was on the swim team this summer and it was a joy to see her involved in a team sport.  The kids started their second school year back in the States with all of the excitement and less of the anxiety felt last year.  Lindsay is trying her hand at the violin while Kit continues on the piano.  I'm not sure how that will pan out to be honest - we'll see.  Swift, poor little guy, just gets dragged along everywhere.  The fall motored along while I tried (emphasis on tried) to balance the needs of three kids, manage a house and actually get some personal time.  (Not so much on that third item).  Kit is playing basketball for the first time this winter.  She didn't know what a referee was because, well, she's never played this kind of sport before!  She is having fun.

We have so very much to be thankful for but it has been a hard fall.  I am reminded of my frailty, failure and desperate need for a saviour daily.  Things just aren't as they should be!  But I knew that.

Bill is working like a banshee and finding the work rewarding.  I am constantly at the Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Exhaustion.

My proposal for 2011.  Sleep, sleep, sleep!

Happy New Year to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment